Arcam is calling on architects, interior designers, artists and exhibition builders to submit a design vision for a more universally accessible permanent exhibition layout for Arcam’s gallery.
The initial phase of the selection process requires participants to submit a concise written description outlining their vision for the project, with a suggested word count of approximately 400 words.
This Open Call aligns with Arcam’s annual program, “Architecture for Everyone,” which emphasizes universal design within the realm of architecture.
The winning proposal will be implemented by the selected designer, either independently or in collaboration with a builder. Furthermore, the chosen designer will have the opportunity to serve as Arcam’s Architect in Residence from July to December 2023.
- Design Objective: Develop an accessible permanent exhibition layout for Arcam’s gallery space.
- Location: Arcam premises at Prins Hendrikkade 600, Amsterdam, encompassing both the gallery floor and a portion of the office floor.
- Why: Enhance the accessibility of Arcam, promote awareness of universal design in the architectural field, and streamline exhibition production within Arcam.
- Eligibility: The call is open to architects, interior architects, artists, exhibition builders, and individuals with relevant professional training or active design experience.
- Timeline: Open Call Deadline: June 19, 2023 / Selection: June 23 / Presentation of plans by three finalists: July 14, 2023 / Execution and construction commencement: September 15, 2023 / New layout unveiling: November 1, 2023 (or as early as feasible).
- Submission Process: Interested participants should refer to the Open Call document provided below, download the comprehensive specifications, and submit their design vision to Sjaan van der Tol, the program maker, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 19.
Note: The vision should be submitted in Dutch at a minimum. However, participants have the option to also provide their vision in a secondary or tertiary language if desired.